As we live our purpose of caring for life’s greatest companions to the best of our ability during these challenging times, the health and safety of clients, hospital teams and our community remains our top priority. To ensure our hospital remains open to provide the best possible care to our patients, we have made some adjustments to our normal protocols and procedures based on the best direction from public health and veterinary authorities.
Please be assured we are here for you to provide essential veterinary services to your clients. However, as an active measure to limit the possibility of the spread of COVID-19 to our teams, we will no longer be allowing clients into our hospital. Our contactless client protocol will be implemented as follows:
- Upon arrival at the hospital, all clients are to remain in their vehicle or outside the hospital and call us (a sign on the door outlining this, with our phone number, has been posted).
- After receipt of the call, we will check the client in as soon as possible from outside the hospital.
- A care professional will discuss veterinary needs by phone when the client arrives, and then one of our staff members will take the patient inside the hospital to provide veterinary medical care if needed.
- After the medical team evaluates the patient, the client will receive a phone call to discuss recommendations and a plan moving forward. Verbal consent for treatment and details surrounding financial estimates will be authorized via this phone call.
- Shortly thereafter client will receive a call a phone call from a customer service representative to obtain a deposit via one of our payment methods.
- We prefer e-transfer, however, we will continue to accept Visa, Mastercard, Amex, and debit. Financing is also available through our partner, Paybright and Medicare. Effective immediately, we will no longer accept cash or cheques in our hospitals.
- Our E-transfer email is email@example.com. It is set up for auto-deposit and does not require a security question. Please include your name and your pet’s name in the transfer information. If you are unable to use E-transfer, we are still accepting debit and credit cards.
- If the client insists on being inside the hospital for whatever exceptional reason, that discussion must take place in advance with the attending veterinarian.
- If the client needs to pick up medication, pet food or other items from the hospitals, they are to remain in their car outside the hospital and call the front desk. We will deliver the items to their car as quickly as possible.
- If a client reports not feeling well, or maybe at risk of exposure to coronavirus, we require them to have a healthy friend or family member transport their pet to our hospital on their behalf.
Please also note that hospitalized patient visits are not permitted at this time as well.
This protocol will allow us to coordinate all aspects of client visits from outside the hospital, including providing follow up instructions and taking payments, so that we limit contact and ensure the health and safety of all involved.
Our goal is to keep our essential services available to the communities we serve and to be there for our clients and their pets. There is no doubt that we are in uncharted territory, but of this we are certain: we will get through this, stronger and more resilient than ever. From everyone at Edmonton West Animal Hospital, we thank you for your support and hope you stay well, stay safe, and take care of one another.
Please reach out to us by phone or email if you have any questions.
Sincerely, Edmonton West Animal Hospital Team